Think about what you are spending your money on now, and prioritise the birth of your baby as one of these items. Remember, its a lifelong memory having a baby!
Are the rest of your items on the list things you will cherish forever...
Here are a few to get you going:
1. Birth of baby - Doula around $1,000
2. Car Seats x 2 - $1,000
3. Cot, change table, bedding, furniture, - $1,000
4. Pregnancy clothes, comfortable shoes, nappy bag - $1,000
5. Obstetrician - $3,000 (you might only see him for 10 mins at the birth)
6. Baby clothes, sling, blanket, playmat, toys, nappies, monitor, steriliser, thermometer, toilettries, etc - $1,000
...and the list goes on
As someone once said "If a doula were a drug, it would be unethical not to use it".