The most important day in your life is approaching (no Im not talk about your wedding). The birth of your baby. You are considering spending some money on a Doula to support you throughout the final stages of pregnancy and of course the birth of your baby, but sometimes the cost can be a roadblock for many women and couples. How do you justify having a doula when you may also be paying for an obstetrician?
Think about what you are spending your money on now, and prioritise the birth of your baby as one of these items. Remember, its a lifelong memory having a baby!
Are the rest of your items on the list things you will cherish forever...
Here are a few to get you going:
1. Birth of baby - Doula around $1,000
2. Car Seats x 2 - $1,000
3. Cot, change table, bedding, furniture, - $1,000
4. Pregnancy clothes, comfortable shoes, nappy bag - $1,000
5. Obstetrician - $3,000 (you might only see him for 10 mins at the birth)
6. Baby clothes, sling, blanket, playmat, toys, nappies, monitor, steriliser, thermometer, toilettries, etc - $1,000
...and the list goes on
As someone once said "If a doula were a drug, it would be unethical not to use it".